Translate

Friday 11 November 2011

Full Moons and November

I was looking up what the moon in November is called, as I remember from childhood that it does have a name like Harvest Moon and Hunter's Moon but I just could not remember it. There are many sites out there that mention names but these are recent inventions, such as Dark Moon - you just have to have seen the moon a couple of nights ago to know this is a ridiculous name for this month. With dark skies, this moon is especially bright.

While I am aware that much knowledge has been lost over several centuries, making up names that have no relevance is not the answer. We need to observe nature before we decide what we should be calling certain objects.

So for me, I would think Bright Moon a far better, more relevant name but that is just my opinion.

Have a wonderful Autumn's end. Get out while its stil warm enough to and enjoy all the vibrant colours before they disappear.
Blessings :D

No comments:

Post a Comment