Translate

Thursday 13 January 2011

Wicca

Wicca

Why is it, that when pagans gather, they tend to attack the Wiccans?  Before I go any further, I should stress that I am not a Wiccan.  I am a witch but not a Wiccan.  I have not been initiated and do not seek to be but I do have respect for what essentially turned me on to paganism, as it has done many other people in the world.

Yes, there are some Wiccans out there who take themselves far to seriously, and those who are most assuredly seeking attention.  This is not Wicca, it is a few idiot Wiccans, and therein lies the difference.

Wicca is a nature-based religion which shows respect for male and female deities, has a hierarchical system and acknowledges the phases of the moon (have a look at this article for more information on the moon - http://www.bukisa.com/articles/437464_the-moon).  It is not something to ridicule, disrespect or otherwise make nasty fun of (everyone should be able to laugh about themselves, and their faith but nasty comments are another matter).  Please note, I am not a fluffy bunny either.  I just like to respect other faiths (don’t even get me started on the assaults on Christianity).

So next time you’re about to take the you know what out of your fellow pagan (Wiccan), stop, then try to make it light-hearted if you must go on.  After all, the re-appearance of paganism is, in large part, due to the resurgence in Wicca.

Blessings of the growing moon upon you :D

No comments:

Post a Comment